De-Throned
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Ok this is for us all to post potential quest ideas, this could be for any one of the factions, once posted we can then take those ideas and make them into a reality.

Ok so I'll start...

A quest for the Parliamentarian faction where you help John Lilburne liberate one of the Printing Houses from Royalist Soldiers so he can print propaganda.

Thoughts & Ideas?

Thanx
Raradir
Back to top Go down
https://de-throned.forumotion.com
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer
The hunter

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 am

Okay it would probably be a while down the parlimentarian quest line as they would have to have some level of trust.

The witch hunt You have to stop the witch hunt either by taking down the witch or helping her flee.
This is just a very basic idea as it doesnt show the means to the end, but its an idea.
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

The hunter wrote:
Okay it would probably be a while down the parlimentarian quest line as they would have to have some level of trust.

The witch hunt You have to stop the witch hunt either by taking down the witch or helping her flee.
This is just a very basic idea as it doesnt show the means to the end, but its an idea.

Kwl, I really like the thought of A Witch Hunt quest as superstition at the time with all thing supernatural being high, I also think we should add some more quests with this type of thing, maybe ghosts as ghost Stories at the time were high, for an example after the Civil War townsfolk near Edgehill saw ghosts/People battling in the sky, people recognized people in the sky as brothers, sons and husbands it was the battle of Edgehill that took place there during the Civil War.
Back to top Go down
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer
The hunter

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 am

I think the "lore" of the time needs to be very strict generally; but there should be a few hints and snippets that there are ghosts- easter eggs and things maybe?
And alot of people talking about these things?

Im starting to write the witch hunt quest tonight. I have work on at the moment due to the fact im doing 6th form, but i should still be able to have a decent level of imput depending on social events and tiredness levels Laughing
Back to top Go down
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer
The hunter

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Witch background during the civil war- i just found this interesting story of a witch during the civil war, if anyone wants a read.
Plus if anyone can come up with the name of said witch it would be useful- for my quest

EDIT- what would be the position of a minor priest be called during this time period?
Back to top Go down
Halperin

Halperin

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

I think a cool idea for a quest (this could either be part of the main quest or a side quest) would be where you have to chose between protecting a noble's estate from rebelling villagers or help the villagers pillage the estate. If you help the noble, he asks you to kill the rebellion leader to subdue the rebels, and pays you money as a reward. If you help the villagers, they ask you to join them and help them kill the guards. As a reward for helping the villagers, you get to plunder whatever valuables are on the estate. Also, if you help the noble, your standing increases with the royalists and decreases with the Parliamentarians, and if you help the villagers, vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Halperin wrote:
I think a cool idea for a quest (this could either be part of the main quest or a side quest) would be where you have to chose between protecting a noble's estate from rebelling villagers or help the villagers pillage the estate. If you help the noble, he asks you to kill the rebellion leader to subdue the rebels, and pays you money as a reward. If you help the villagers, they ask you to join them and help them kill the guards. As a reward for helping the villagers, you get to plunder whatever valuables are on the estate. Also, if you help the noble, your standing increases with the royalists and decreases with the Parliamentarians, and if you help the villagers, vice versa.

Thats really good:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Ideas   Quest Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest Ideas
Page 1 of 1