De-Throned
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Status Updates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:36 am

Hey all, If you are doing some work can you give me regular Status Updates something like once a week would be nice, it just gives me an idea of where you are and what your doing etc

Thanx
Raradir
Back to top Go down
https://de-throned.forumotion.com
Kroot9525

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Well...I guess I'll be first.

Let me give you a quick synopsis on how London is going to go down.

London will the "HQ" for the Parliementary forces.

The city will be divided into six sections:

London 1 and 2: Purely Residential/Military Garrison and Training District

London 3: St. Pauls and several markets in addition to Residential

London 4: Tower of London and the banks of the Thames.

London Bridge: The good old London Bridge (I believe the old structure was still there in teh 1600s).

Southwark: A small city south of London. (Optional; could be seperate from London)

Westminster: Seat of Parliement and their forces. This will be the place where you can join the Parliement Faction.

Currently I have completed Section 2 and the London Bridge.

I am working on sections 3,4, and Southwark.

I have not started section 1 and Westminster.
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:52 am

Sounding good:) yea Like you said Southwalk the village should be separate from London
Back to top Go down
Halperin

Halperin

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

Work on Shetland Islands, and modding in general, is going very slow because I have tons of work. But after the end of this week, I'll have much more free time to work Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Jaachym
Lead Researcher
Lead Researcher

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Bad news everyone   Status Updates EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 am

bad news my computer is broken (hardware malfunction)and I dont have money to buy new PSU so work on hieghtmap is paused for now Sad
Dont worry about data loss I have backup
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am

re rendering the teaser over the last few nights (i had cut a few corners before and it had introduced a few rough edges) May as well fix them while i`ve got free clocks.

hair is still causing problems as i can only get a few frames out before a crash or it randomly resetting itself to pointing straight up. got another couple of tricks to try (which may mean reassembling my old pc to try using an older version of max Evil or Very Mad ) before knocking it on the head and resorting to inferior polygon hair (which will also have its own problems)

All sound materials have been turned over for re-dubbing and scoring.
Back to top Go down
Kroot9525

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm back on the job in order to complete this mod, sorry for the absence. I was on vacation and taking a break from modding.

Anyway, my main focus right now is completing Section 3. So far, I have part of the landscaping done, as well as St. Pauls.

Oh, and BaRaDa is working on Westminster Hall, so that should be done sometime soon.

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks

Kroot
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 am

Great:) How's the trailer coming along BaRaDa?
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 am

i`ve bitten the bullet and canned my original hair solution. It was looking really good after a second total rebuild, but it wouldn't render more than a 50 frames before crashing. It turns out theres a memory leek in the hair renderer, so apart from buying more ram theres no work around at the moment. So thats another tick on the "reasons to hate 3ds max" list Evil or Very Mad

i`ve built polly hair now and am in the process of texturing and lighting.

i havent heard from Alba gu brath in a while, so i dont know how the sounds going. hopefully when thats done the visuals will be ready to fly too.
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Video should be ready to fly tomorrow. should have been today but i was a total doof and rendered the wrong view last night Embarassed

i`ll post a preview with the current score if all goes to plan and forward a link to alba as well.
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 am

Ok great:) can't wait to see it BaRaDa
Back to top Go down
Kroot9525

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey Raradir,

I'm actually working on the Southwark Section of London. (It's across the river and seperate from London). So far, I've got the landscaping and buildings done.

Actually, I had a brillant idea for both minimizing the work of the town and making London more exciting.

In my Medieval version, I've placed several siege weapons and barricades around the entrance to Southwark. Upon questioning the nearby guard, you'll recieve an official edict that warns travelers that Southwark is in a state of unrest. In other words, rebels are on the loose, burning and looting the town. The explaination: Apparently, France has been organizing and training Pro-Welsh supporters angry over the English domination of Wales. Inside Southwark, you'll find a handful of English guards and soldiers fighting French knights and Welsh Militiamen. The rest of Southwark is burning, or barely standing, with most of the residents dead or hiding. Should you defeat the rebels, you can come back in three days to relive the entire thing.

In your version, I plan to replace the French and Welsh with Pro-Loyalist rebels, and put Parlimentary soldiers in for the English. Everything else will remain the same.

By doing this, I can cut down on interiors and NPCs, two big memory and time consumers. Anyway, please let me know if this is okay to do.

Thanks,

Kroot
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 am

Kroot9525 wrote:
Hey Raradir,

I'm actually working on the Southwark Section of London. (It's across the river and seperate from London). So far, I've got the landscaping and buildings done.

Actually, I had a brillant idea for both minimizing the work of the town and making London more exciting.

In my Medieval version, I've placed several siege weapons and barricades around the entrance to Southwark. Upon questioning the nearby guard, you'll recieve an official edict that warns travelers that Southwark is in a state of unrest. In other words, rebels are on the loose, burning and looting the town. The explaination: Apparently, France has been organizing and training Pro-Welsh supporters angry over the English domination of Wales. Inside Southwark, you'll find a handful of English guards and soldiers fighting French knights and Welsh Militiamen. The rest of Southwark is burning, or barely standing, with most of the residents dead or hiding. Should you defeat the rebels, you can come back in three days to relive the entire thing.

In your version, I plan to replace the French and Welsh with Pro-Loyalist rebels, and put Parlimentary soldiers in for the English. Everything else will remain the same.

By doing this, I can cut down on interiors and NPCs, two big memory and time consumers. Anyway, please let me know if this is okay to do.

Thanks,

Kroot

I like it, sounds like a really good idea:)
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Teaser visuals done   Status Updates EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm

The re renders complete.

final trailer no audio

i`ve fowarded this link to Alba gu brath.

do you reckon it would be usefull to include some contact details or the forum address on the final title screen?

and also maybe a little

©️2010 Dethroned team.
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Gonna take a look at it now:) also ye the Forum address and a Copyright would look great:)
Back to top Go down
Halperin

Halperin

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm

What program do I need to open this?
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:37 am

Its just a normal .mov, quicktime movie. either install quicktime (which is far too big and obtrusive in my opinion) or some alternative. all easily googled Smile
Back to top Go down
Raradir
Admin
Raradir

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 am

Watched it, and superb work:) have you had any news from Alba?
Back to top Go down
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder
BaRaDa

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:47 pm

nothing yet.

the youtube page looks good. i don`t know anything about how those pages work but i tryed doing a word search on the tube and i couldnt find it. I`m guessing there is some way to make it more "findable"

its also possible that it wont list untill theres actually some content, so better get back to work Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kroot9525

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Currently finishing up on Southwark.

I can probably have a trailer of the Medieval version of Southwark in a few days. Once I have it done, I'll be sure to get it on your channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Updates   Status Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Status Updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
De-Throned  :: News & Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: